Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it true watching a computer monitor makes you lose your vision permanently?

Completely losing your vision isn't too common, but staring at a computer monitor will make your vision worse and worse over time. Staring at anything and straining your eyes for hours will make your vision get worse and worse. The computer monitor is usually looked at as a bigger concert though because when you look at a computer monitor, the light is heading directly to your eyes, rather than bouncing off of something to get to your eyes, so it is more damaging than staring at a wall for hours on end. I don't know the full science behind it though, so if you want the full information on why this does damage to your eyes, you'll have to google it.Is it true watching a computer monitor makes you lose your vision permanently?
I sit a computer all day at work (almost 3 years now) and I can definitely say that I have noticed decrease in my vision. I did get glasses a few months before I started my job, but I only wore them when I drove. Now I find myself wearing them more often, especially when I go to the movies and 85% of the time when I'm out at night. I'm quite certain I need a new prescription.





I do believe all that screen time has contributed to my decrease vision.Is it true watching a computer monitor makes you lose your vision permanently?
Don't know, I will tell you later. I watch mine from about 6:00 am till 11:00pm. I am retired, have nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment