Sunday, February 7, 2010

Excepting higher percripstions from your eye Dr. every year weaken your vision? is this true or not?

ive heard that when you except higher eye perscripstions from the eye dr. every year it actually weakens your vision and that you shouldnt except higher perscription everyear to save your eyesight. is this true or not.Excepting higher percripstions from your eye Dr. every year weaken your vision? is this true or not?
It works the other way around--your eyesight changed, therefore your doctor changed the prescription.





You don't mention you age, but I've been wearing glasses since I was 11. They told me my eyes would level off when I was about 20, and they did--I wore the same glasses for 22 years.





That puts me up to 42 at that time, and it was time for bi-focals. I'm now 57 and good for about 2 years between prescription changes.Excepting higher percripstions from your eye Dr. every year weaken your vision? is this true or not?
This is a difficult question to answer as you do not mention your age or your prescription. If you are young you are likely to have rapidly changing eyesight anyway as the eye grows and is able to accomodate more easily.





If you are over 40 it could be that you may have presbyopia. This happens to everyone and is age related. Basically your eyes are less able to focus on near objects (so you have less accomodation in your eyes)





If you have a Plus prescription, which means you have trouble on focussing on objects close up - your eyes will have very good accomodation and the reason your rpescription seems to be higher is because your eyes are gettin tired more easily trying to focus all the time.





If you have rapidly progressing myopia (short sightedness) which results in a minus prescription. you will probaly be asked to return to your optometrist (eye dr.) every year so they can monitor your vision.





However, wearing glasses/contact lenses do not save your vision - they just assist your vision. If you are going blind (which i doubt you are) glasses are not going to stop this. They also do not make your eyes worse - this is a myth. But if you do wear someone else prescription this can damge your eyes as your lens inside the eye tries to focus. it will also give you a headache.





Overall the easiest way for you to get a straightforward answer is to ask whoever tests your eyesight. There are hundreds of different reasons why prescriptions change.
not true as I have had the same lenses now for several years=they do go what seems like fast to you at first but that is because you are adjusting===I actually have 2 pairs =one for when my diabetes is bothering me and I need the stronger frame=the other pair for when my eye sight is better
I never heard this, and I don't think it would be true, unless your doctor told you before hand the side effects. But you are very pretty and I hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment