Friday, February 12, 2010

This may sound stupid but true.I am on seroquel and my perfect vision is not so perfect anymore,why?

I had perfect vision.I now have been on this for 2 almost three months.My vision is getting bad.I cant see far disances ,they are now blurry.Is this a normal side affect.Why I look at my teeth in the mirror I see a little glow of a double vision.I know this sounds all to stupid but it is bothering me.My insurance now will not let me get my eyes examed cause I had it done before m med and I was fine but now I notice a big change. My medication seroquel is for Bi polar.This may sound stupid but true.I am on seroquel and my perfect vision is not so perfect anymore,why?
i believe that in the packet of info that comes with the medicine should say what the side affects are and what ones are normal and what ones you should consult a dr about.


i believe any medication that gives you blurry vision you are immediately supposed to discontinue and consult a dr.





if your health insurance is like most peoples the ';one eye dr visit per year'; thing is just for regular check ups but if you have a problem the insurance company will pay for you to go back as many times as necessary.


(i know my plan says one annual check up per year but i have alot of eye problems and when i have a problem that needs to be looked at by my eye dr i just make an appointment and its covered)This may sound stupid but true.I am on seroquel and my perfect vision is not so perfect anymore,why?
Factors that influence vision based on your present symptomology:


1. Amblyopia. In order for you to see one image of a single object two things need to happen: 1. both eyes need to be pointing at the object in exactly the same direction and 2. the brain interpreting this image as one. If there is an abnormality in any of these processes, double vision or amblyopia results.


2. Accommodative visual disfunction. If both eyes are not able to focus properly due to an abnormality in the visual system, blurry vision results and ghost images may out line an existing image and may be perceived as double vision, though it is not.


ANSWER: Seroquel and its adverse formulations have been known to cause these visual disturbances, especially at higher doses. My suggestion is seeing your prescribing physician and requesting an ophthalmic consult. The Ophthalmologist by visual examination rule out any serious etiological possibilities for your double vision. Visual Field testing, prism evaluation, and cover tests are usually the standard of care. Contingent to the results of these test, a recommendation can be made. Please see your physician as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment