Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is It True That You Need 20/20 Vision To Be A Pilot In The U.S. Military?

I have been desiring to make being a helicopter pilot my career in life, and I figured the best experience I could get is the military. I have always wanted to be a rescue flight helicopter pilot for the United States Coast Guard until recently one of my friends (who has no experience with military issues) told me that you need to have 20/20 vision in order to be a pilot in the military.





Is this true? Is it different for every branch for the Military? If yes, what is it for the Coast Guard?Is It True That You Need 20/20 Vision To Be A Pilot In The U.S. Military?
(b. BLUE 21 applicants must have an uncorrected visual acuity not poorer than 20/50 in each eye with the ability for correction to 20/20 in each eye.)


From this website, http://www.gocoastguard.com/dc/dcprograms/blue21.htm Also check out this one to if you like, http://www.uscg.mil/hq/atcmobil/ Good luck.Is It True That You Need 20/20 Vision To Be A Pilot In The U.S. Military?
For the air force you need much better than a 20/20.
or better.
The Army requires, I believe, 20/40, normal color vision, and no night blindness. The good news is that, from what I've heard, they are allowing people who have gotten lasik to fly, so you might be able to go that route.
Yes or Better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment