Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it true that wearing prescription glasses makes your vision worse? If so, why?

Thank you for your help.Is it true that wearing prescription glasses makes your vision worse? If so, why?
In my case, my parents had heard that your question was true after I had gotten my first pair of glasses when I was 8. At the time, I think my power was at least -2, but I am not sure exactly what it was. A combination of the theory that was told to them and utter disgust with the concept of wearing glasses led me to ignore the problem altogether until I was finished with high school. I finally gave in to the necessity of actually living life, and went to the eye doctor. At that time I needed -4.75...imagine trying to deal with high school like that. So no, don't even give kids (or anyone else) the idea that life is magically better when you keep glasses from them.Is it true that wearing prescription glasses makes your vision worse? If so, why?
Certain cultures believe that glasses make a vision problem worse, so amongst those people it's common to skip them or ask for them to be made weaker than needed. It's just a misconception, though. Wearing the correct prescription will not worsen your vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment