Friday, February 5, 2010

Which is a more ';true'; vision, one in the mirror, or a photograph?

When I look in the mirror, my face looks fine, but in photographs, my nose looks somewhat crooked. anyone else notice anything like this?Which is a more ';true'; vision, one in the mirror, or a photograph?
I think this is really common. A lot of people just don't photograph well. I'm not saying you look bad in photographs, but sometimes a person ';out of motion'; looks especially different than what he/she is used to seeing in the mirror when you get the full effect. I guess I didn't do a great job explaining that, but what you see in the mirror is a much more accurate depiction of what other people see, a picture can't capture all of what you look like in a split second.Which is a more ';true'; vision, one in the mirror, or a photograph?
Well it depends. People with confidence issues tend to look in the mirror, and what you really look like will be distroted to fit the perception you have ef yourself. Though in a picture, lighting and flashes can have you laboring under the illusion that things are like they're not really.





The best way to judge, in your case, is to stand in a medium light (where you are ouside, not in the sun, but not in the shade), wearing no makeup and your hair back. Look at yourself in a big mirror, and try to focus on the whole picture, not just your nose, and only look for a short period of time. The longer you look the more attention will be brought to your flaws.





I hop that I helped you!
MIRROR MIRROR on the WALL....WHO is the FAIREST of them ALL???





-A MIRROR DOES NOT LIE!!!!!
the photograph is more true in my opinion. Mirrors can decieve a person cause of the lighting and whether it's a straight, concave, or convex mirror, but then again same as a camera's lenses..i guess there's is no true image than other people's opinion, ask them.
that's the same for me if i have a picture taken from an angle my nose also look's some what crooked although it infact is dead straight from an angle, it's just to do with the lighting and the shadow in the picture, the camera make's the face appear slightly different due to shadows being captured on your face, i think the mirror is a true image of yourself because you can look at it in different lighting and angle's and see what's really there. x
Interesting: here's my take. I look at myself in the mirror everyday in preparation for facing the world, and I'm usually content if not over-awed when I go out the front door. I work with a photographer - he likes to take candid snaps sometimes. And I see things in his pics that I just don't see when I look in the mirror. Not spots and blemishes, but aspects, attitudes and the like. I think he takes pics when something isn't working for me, so I'll see. He never says so. And it might just be a coincidence. But I value his friendship. And his candid pics.
the photograph is the image that other people see you as. the mirror image is yourself reflected back to you. So, i'd go with the photograph being the truer vision of yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment